200g dark chocolate
3 eggs, separated
45g caster sugar
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and melt over hot water.
- Add the butter and stir until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
- Beat the egg yolks into the mixture, one at a time.
- Separately, whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- Whisk in the caster sugar.
- Stir some of this egg mixture into the chocolate, then fold in the rest.
- Spoon into small pots or cups and chill for at least 2 hours.
This is a really yummy treat, but remember that very young babies shouldn't eat it as the eggs are not cooked (sorry Trinity!)
I also tried a bit of a different mousse by putting a digestive biscuit in the bottom of one of the pots to make a type of cheesecake. It was very tasty!