Mum made the sauce and I made the cheesecake.
Ingredients for the cheesecake (makes 20cm cheesecake)
175 g digestive biscuits
200g white chocolate
400g cream cheese
50g caster sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the raspberry sauce:
1 pack of fresh raspberries
Around 50g caster sugar
A splash of Madeira
A little water
A few strawberries to serve with
1. Crush the biscuits by putting them in a plastic bag and hitting it with the end of a rolling pin until they are crushed into crumbs.
|Melt the butter|
|Then mix in the biscuit crumbs|
|Break the chocolate into a bowl|
|Melt the chocolate over a pan of hot water|
7. In another bowl mix together 2 eggs and the vanilla extract.
8.Then mix the egg mixture into the cream cheese mixture a bit at a time. Keep mixing it as you go.
9. When the egg mixture and cream cheese mixture have been mixed together pour in the melted white chocolate and stir it in.
|Licking the rest of the melted white chocolate - chef's perk!|
|Pour the mixture onto the biscuit base|
12. Take the cheesecake out the oven and leave it to cool. Then put it in the fridge for 2 hours.
13. For the raspberry sauce, put the raspberries in a pan with some sugar and a little water. Add a little Madeira.
14. Bring to the boil and then simmer for a few minutes.
15. Then push it through a sieve to remove the raspberry seeds. Leave the sauce to cool and then put it in the fridge.
16. Serve the cheesecake with the raspberry sauce and some strawberries. (We forgot to take photos of the cheesecake with the sauce and the strawberries but it did taste really good - my whole family really LOVED it! )