Turkey is low in fat and is really good for adding flavours to so here's my recipe for brilliant thai turkey burgers.
500g pack of minced turkey
1 red onion
A slice of bread ( to make breadcrumbs with)
A tablespoonful of Thai spice paste
Juice of 1 lime
A little Fresh coriander
To serve with:
A sprig of fresh coriander to garnish
Radish, tomato and spring onion garnish
1. Finely chop the onion and the coriander (we use the chopping attachment of our hand blender to get it really fine) and add to the turkey.
2. Add the juice of one lime and a tablespoon of Thai spice paste. You can add as much or as little as you like. We added a tablespoon because that was all we had left and it was not too spicy so we all could eat it - even my little sister. She loved it!
3. Chop up the bread into breadcrumbs. Again we did this using the chopper attachment. Add this to the turkey.
4. Mix all these ingredients in with the turkey mince and shape into burgers. You can find a top tip for stopping the mince sticking to your fingers in my video on my mini meatballs recipe here.
5. Then fry in a little rapeseed oil turning over once to ensure both sides are cooked.
6. Instead of baps, we made the bread into circles like this:
If you prepare the bread first, then you can use the spare bits to make your bread crumbs with. Otherwise put them in a bag in the freezer to make into breadcrumbs next time you need some.
Then we served the burgers in the bread circles with some lettuce, a little bit of fresh coriander and a little garnish of chopped tomato, radish and spring onion.